Vancouver Travel Blog
Yaletown Restaurants | Marinaside
Yaletown Restaurants | Marinaside The Vancouver weather is great today. It's a gorgeous sunny fall day. I just rode my bike along the seawall, circumnavigating False Creek from Kitsilano Beach. Often during November Vancouver receives [...]
Vancouver City Tours
Vancouver City Tours Vancouver has had a myriad of city tours in a spectrum of vehicles, from double-decker busses to horse-drawn carts. If you want to see all the things that are historically significant, take [...]
Cardero's Restaurant Cardero's Restaurant in Coal Harbour offers exquisite waterfront dining on their stunning patio, fresh, local seafood and a great atmosphere. Come for a meal, or appies and a drink. Enjoy live music Sunday [...]
Teahouse in Stanley Park
Teahouse in Stanley Park A romantic spot in the heart of Stanley Park, Teahouse Restaurant was voted best sunset in the city and offers West Coast cuisine using fresh, local ingredients. The Teahouse is surrounded [...]
Vancouver Passenger Ferries BC
Vancouver Passenger Ferries BC Vancouver Passenger Ferry from Granville Island to Bowen Island, BC Your journey aboard our 12 passenger, Transport Canada certified, water taxi begins on Granville Island and runs between Granville Island and Bowen Island, [...]
Seniors Cycling BC – Not Your Typical Tourist Interview
Seniors Cycling BC - Not Your Typical Tourist Interview On this "Not Your Typical Tourist Interview", VancouverTourist.com speaks with Warner and Ziggy, two seniors from Germany who cycled from Calgary to Vancouver. (transcription below video) [...]
Did you know?
- Vancouver, North Vancouver and West Vancouver and all separate cities, They are included in the 21 cities that make up the area referred to as the Lowermainland.
- Vancouver Island is located off the coast about 20 kilometres from he city of Vancouver, BC
- Captain George Vancouver sailed with Captain Cook Vancouver before he became a captain and one of the first Europeans to land on what is now Canada’s West Coast.
- Vancouver International Airport, YVR, is not located in Vancouver. It’s located on Sea Island in Richmond, just over the Arthur Lang Bridge from Vancouver.
- Vancouver’s metro has a line called the Canada Line which runs directly from the Vancouver International Airport to and though Downtown Vancouver. The trip takes about 40 minutes.