Day Trips and Getting Around Vancouver
Once you've seen enough of Vancouver, if there ever is enough, you'll probably want to check out some of the nearby communities and attractions. After all, beautiful British Columbia has a lot to offer. From the slopes of Whistler, Peaks of Squamish and White Rock Seaside Promenade. You may even enjoy sailing on the ferry to Victoria, Bowen Island or the Sunshine Coast. <Check it all out Here>
Save, and Go Green, with Vancouver's Sharing Economy
Collaborative Consumption, the Sharing Economy, call it what you will, from Car Sharing and Ride Sharing to Home Stays and Hiking Meet Ups, Vancouver has plenty of cool options to help localize your visit, make your stay less typical and lower your carbon footprint. It's also a great way to meet some of the locals.
Vancouver Passenger Ferries BC Vancouver Passenger Ferry from Granville Island to Bowen Island, BC Your journey aboard our 12 passenger, Transport Canada certified, water taxi begins on Granville Island and runs between Granville Island and Bowen Island, [...]
Seniors Cycling BC - Not Your Typical Tourist Interview On this "Not Your Typical Tourist Interview", VancouverTourist.com speaks with Warner and Ziggy, two seniors from Germany who cycled from Calgary to Vancouver. (transcription below video) [...]
Did you know?
- Vancouver, North Vancouver and West Vancouver and all separate cities, They are included in the 21 cities that make up the area referred to as the Lowermainland.
- Vancouver Island is located off the coast about 20 kilometres from he city of Vancouver, BC
- Captain George Vancouver sailed with Captain Cook Vancouver before he became a captain and one of the first Europeans to land on what is now Canada's West Coast.
- Vancouver International Airport, YVR, is not located in Vancouver. It's located on Sea Island in Richmond, just over the Arthur Lang Bridge from Vancouver.
- Vancouver's metro has a line called the Canada Line which runs directly from the Vancouver International Airport to and though Downtown Vancouver. The trip takes about 40 minutes.